Here is the link to my Excel workbook. My data was not perfect so, with instructor consent, my workbook contains three sheets; RawData, Fill + Clean, and Slice.
- RawData: Dataset as I got it from the City of Surrey website.
- Fill + Clean: As I mentioned in my Update 1, this tab has the missing areas I filled in from the City of Surreys "Heritage Register" site in yellow. It also has a new column named "Heritage Value" with all the values cleaned up in pink.
- The third tab shows the slice of my data that shows the evidence for my lead sentence. My plan for Update 3, is to look into the population of each area and compare the number of sites to the population.
After looking at your slice and raw data, you do a great job of pinpointing the key points you want your reader to see. I especially like that you color coded the top 3 suburban cities. Keep it going!
ReplyDeleteThis is a good update. And your related news is well connected to your topic. All the points are well explained.
ReplyDeleteCool topic, makes you think what the history was like in those areas that make them have more heritage homes, seems like their are more heritage sites near fishing and farming areas!
ReplyDeleteHi Allison
ReplyDeleteThe fact that you topic is not on people's mind makes it very interesting. Heritage sites deserves our attention as history should be preserved. I like your use of Datawrapper. I can't wait to see the final report. Cheers
I like the way you did your data visualization by integrating the three colours for the top areas and greying the rest to draw attention to them. Also your workbook is well done.
ReplyDeleteGreat job reducing the data set to your slice. The visualization reflects very nicely the slice data. Nice work!
ReplyDelete